Background

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ikea 2011.

I love me some Ikea.
Have you seen the new 2011 catalog?
She's a beauty.

Here's a few of my favorites...






Clockwise:
1. Hemnes Shoe Storage $99: This is probably next on my Ikea wishlist. I have been looking for a slim entry way table and a creative idea for shoe storage. Once again, I gotta hand it to Ikea.
2. Ektorp Bromma Ottoman $149: Anyone with balance impaired toddlers out there? An ottoman may be your coffee table solution AND, this baby has a removable cover PLUS an organizational inside (not pictured) just waiting to be filled.
3. Ringskar Faucet $129: I love the design and Ikea claims that by replacing your run-o-the-mill faucet with an Ikea beauty, you'll save up to 30% on water consumption.
4. Skruvsta Swivel Chair$149: Adorable fabric. Birds are totally in and these lean away from being too kitsch by sporting a more abstract bird print.
5. Sondrum Frame $4.99: I don't think it's possible to go wrong with anything white when it comes to home decor. And white frames are a staple in our house. Add a little dazzle detail like this one and a five dollar price tag, makes it hard to justify spray painting your old frames.
6. Pluggis Stackable Waste Paper Holder $14.99: Stackable. Need I say more? Okay. They're made from 100% recycled PET plastic.
7. Ektorp Sofa $599: This one looks like a winner but I would definitely do a lengthy lounge-ability test prior to taking this one home. It is worth mentioning that Ikea made this old favorite a customer assembly piece for the upcoming year which reduced packaging materials (check for environment), reduced transport (check for environment) and reduced price (check for us).
8. Sorglos vase $12.99: A little bit of shine.
9. Kottebo basket $16.99: I'm a little ashamed to admit the number of Expedit bookshelves we own. So I won't. Suffice it to say, we truck it to Ikea pretty frequently and we almost always find one reason or another to bring home another Expedit. It's a little of an obsession. Anyway, when you have slight variations of the same bookshelf in every room of your house, you have to get creative with storage and decor. I don't know how I've passed it by, but I don't have one of these yet. But I will, dear friends, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment